Saturday, June 9, 2012

That Time Where...

you have a pile of books and want to bring all of them but know that there isnt any conceivable possibility of reading them all. It's also kinda like that for me and the pile of library books, half of which I read and half of which I havent touched, for my Colombia research. Between class work for my Bombay history/city planning/appreciate how epic this place is class, the Colombia stuff (a few books and roughly 500 documents that I was given by the National Security Archives) and emails... we're just gonna make it work. But I simply cant read all of these things.

I think it's going to end up being a weird combination of A Picture of Dorian Gray (as recommended to me by a friend), a few books on cartels and Colombia, and a few books I apparently "have to read" on Mumbai. And probably all of the internet blogs/articles I read but maybe wont for the 5 weeks I'm away/working...? Crazier things have been suggested today.

Also went through the fun, so it's going to be roughly 100 degrees, raining and 100% humidity every day thing today. What does one wear for this, when most people also wear mostly long pants and sleeves? Yeah, it was a fun mind game. But I think I've figured it out.

To be honest, I really cannot even begin to picture what this will be like. And I love that. I decided to do this because I wanted to go to India and actually learn about everything I was seeing. I wanted to have more than just a tourist experience there because I've read so so much about the country and pretty consistently I had those... wait this kinda sounds like Mexico... moments. I am certain that it is not, but it made me curious. That and every image I've ever seen has so much color in it that I cant imagine a place I want to be part of more right now.

So here's to an 8 am flight to London and then to Mumbai. With probably too much to read... and very little idea of what to expect, except that it will be awesome. And the malaria medication that was hiding under everything and I found just in the nick of time.

Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment