Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DC Bound

and in this episode of Diana's crazy East Coast Whirl Wind Tour...

I went to DRCLAS today to talk to some of the staff who are really well versed in all things Colombia. June Erlick is the Editor in Chief of ReVista, the magazine run out of Harvard's Latin American Studies program, and she lived in Bogota for 10 years. It was like taking a virtual tour of a city that I have never been to. I love hearing stories about the streets to walk down and get a feel for different neighborhoods, the different kinds of Arepas (Colombian versus Venezuelan varieties), libraries, parks, social activists then and now... it was great.

I also talked to another woman who just came back from Bogota and the cold, cloudy winter there.... to the cold cloudy weather we have right now in Boston... in Summer time... and she shared advice on where to eat and see contemporary art within the city. I'm very excited to go.

My best friend is finally back in Boston after a semester abroad, so I saw her for lunch before I ended up in the Harvard Coop looking for a particular book to give a friend that I'll see tomorrow. And here I end the entry because it's time for me to grab a cab and head to the airport.

DC and the National Security Archives, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment