Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homeward Bound!

Hey all,

I am writing to you for the last time from Bombay. I am leaving tomorrow evening, but I need to turn in my internet key this afternoon so I will be offline until my layover in London on Friday.

I am spending the day out in Thane with Mishel (a rockstar from our class) where one of the students she teaches in a community near her will do Henna for me! I'm having my left arm done from fingertips to elbow and then my left foot. We're having lunch, avoiding the rain and seeing more of the city from the outskirts than I have yet.

Then I'm coming back and finishing everything that I need to turn in before tomorrow. I am both very excited to go home and a little nostalgic to leave Bombay. Even today as I was dodging cars to cross the street on my way for my morning coffee and watching someone weld pipes together in the crowded, dark and bustling market stalls along the Colaba Causeway I felt a sort of sadness that comes with an ending.

I also realize it will take a lot of time for me to process everything that I saw and experienced here. I'm looking forward to a week or so at home to get everything together for Colombia, catch up with friends and read. I think it will help me get through the pile of things I am thinking about right now and understand this trip better. it's going to be fun to try and explain everything that was these past 6 weeks...

And here is where I say goodbye until I am back stateside. Be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment