Thursday, December 20, 2012

Raising Feminists.

I have a problem with the fact that "feminism" has become a dirty word. I believe that I am a feminist, but I needed to redefine the term for myself. I didnt feel welcomed in the space created by other feminists on my campus. I will always fight for the rights of women everywhere. I want to see them achieve and reach their potential without being held back.

For me, my gender should not be the first thing you notice or remember about me. I want you to notice what I have accomplished, where my interests are, and why I am excited about the work that I do.

How do we bring about a new generation of women who consider themselves feminists and celebrate strong women everywhere?

Easy. We raise strong daughters, and supportive sons.

This TEDx talk was absolutely brilliant and it came out of TEDxBeaconstreet this past fall.

Watch Me

No comments:

Post a Comment